- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 (3 ounce) packages raman noodles (without flavor packets), lightly crushed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 head napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, sugar, wine vinegar, and soy sauce until the sugar has dissolved. Refrigerate the dressing while preparing the salad.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread the broken ramen noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the ramen noodle mixture until lightly browned, about 15 minutes, stirring often. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Allow mixture to cool.
- Just before serving, mix together the napa cabbage and green onions with toasted ramen mixture in a salad bowl until thoroughly combined; toss with the dressing.
"million dollar" chinese cabbage salad, Vegetable Salads recipe