- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon oil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Place pasta in a colander, and give it a quick rinse with cold water.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring constantly, until the garlic is tender, about 1 minute. Do not let the garlic burn. Add shrimp, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet, and set aside.
- Stir tomatoes, wine, parsley, and basil into the skillet. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 12 minutes. Add shrimp, and continue cooking until the shrimp are heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the shrimp mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
angel hair pasta with shrimp and basil, Shrimp recipe