- 2 Cornish game hens
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine the 1/2 cup melted butter, onion, celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley.
- Season hens inside and out with salt and pepper to taste, then stuff with equal amounts butter/vegetable mixture. Place stuffed birds in a 9x13 inch baking dish, breast side up. Drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Cover dish and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove cover and brown at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
baked cornish game hens, Stuffed Main Dishes recipe