- 3 cups bow tie pasta
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half - cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup torn fresh spinach
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the bow tie pasta; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Season chicken with lemon pepper.
- Melt the margarine with the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the chicken pieces until no longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken pieces, and place them in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- To the same skillet, add the garlic, white wine, sour cream, basil, lemon zest, and 1/2 of the lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove the skillet from the heat; stir in the pasta. Spoon the pasta and sauce mixture over the chicken. Cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 15 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley, spinach, and drizzle with the remaining lemon juice. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
baked lemon-basil pasta, Pasta recipe