- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef liver, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a resealable plastic bag, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Place the liver slices into the bag one at a time, seal, and toss to coat.
- In a bowl, mix the water, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the liver slices on both sides. Pour the sauce mixture over the liver. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, until liver is tender.
barbecued beef liver, Main Dish recipe