- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Peel the pineapple and, leaving it whole, cut out the center core. Slice into 8 rings, and place them in a shallow glass dish or resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, mix together the rum, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Pour marinade over the pineapple, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Lightly oil grate.
- Grill pineapple rings 15 minutes, turning once, or until outside is dry and char marked. Serve with remaining marinade.
barbequed pineapple, Rum recipe