- 4 bunches fresh small beets, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium heads Belgian endive
- 1 pound spring lettuce mix
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Coat beets lightly with oil and roast for approximately 45 minutes, or until tender. Allow to cool thoroughly, then peel and dice.
- For the dressing, place lemon, vinegar, honey, mustard, and thyme in a blender. While blender is running, gradually add 1/2 cup of oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place spring lettuce mix in a salad bowl, pour desired amount of dressing over greens, and toss to coat.
- Rinse endive, tear off whole leaves, and pat dry. Arrange 3 leaves on each plate. Divide dressed salad greens among them, and top with diced beets and feta cheese.
beet salad, Beet Salad recipe