- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces seashell pasta
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- Pour water and salt into a medium pot and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the shell pasta, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the water has cooked down a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, and continue boiling for another 5 minutes. Add the Cheddar, Parmesan, pepper, and mustard; stir until the cheese melts and the sauce is thick and creamy. The starch from the pasta thickens the sauce as the pasta cooks.
best one pot cheese and macaroni, Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese recipe