- 1 (4 pound) boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 8 portions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place beef portions into the crock of a large slow cooker. Mix olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice together in a bowl; pour over the beef. Add diced tomatoes, sweet onion, green bell pepper, garlic, jalapeno pepper, beef broth, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 1 hour. Change setting to Low and continue cooking until the beef is tender, about 6 1/2 hours.
- Remove beef with tongs to a cutting board. Shred with a pair of forks and return to the slow cooker. Continue cooking another 20 to 30 minutes.
big ben's beef machaca, Main Dish recipe