- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x14 inch ovenproof baking dish.
- Mix the rolled oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, and flour together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, canola oil, vanilla, and salt until evenly blended., and stir into the oat mixture. Stir in the flax seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and chocolate chips. Use your hands to mix the ingredients, and press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until the edges are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely in the baking dish before cutting into 2 inch bars.
bird seed energy bars, Bar Cookies recipe