- 8 seeded, chopped roma (plum) tomatoes
- 5 leaves chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 dash crushed red pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French or Italian-style bread
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, oregano, red pepper, salt, pepper and olive oil. Use more olive oil, if necessary, to coat the entire mixture. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Slice the bread. On a baking sheet, arrange the slices in a single layer. Brown both sides of the bread slightly in the oven. Remove the slices from the oven. Spread the tomato mixture on the slices. Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mixture is hot but not cooked.
bruschetta al pomodoro, Bruschetta recipe