/ Soups, Stews And Chili
/ Vegetable Soup
- In a medium-size stock pot, add dried black beans and 6 cups of water, cover and let soak overnight.
- In another large stock pot, heat olive oil and add onion, minced garlic and chopped celery. Saute until vegetables are softened.
- Drain and rinse soaked black beans. Add pre-soaked beans or drained and rinsed canned beans to vegetable mixture along with 2 cups water and broth. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer.
- Add cayenne pepper and ground cumin. Partially cover the pot and simmer over low heat for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until beans are soft.
- Puree soup in batches in food processor or blender. Return pureed soup to stock pot and simmer.
- Add vinegar, sherry, soy sauce and pepper. Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt and chopped green onions.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like