- 1 (16 ounce) package multigrain tortilla chips
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 8 thick slices bacon
- 3/4 cup Caribbean jerk marinade
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Layer the chips on a tray or cookie sheet. Arrange the red pepper, orange pepper, onion, avocado, and pineapple on top of the chips.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly crisp; drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Chop the bacon and sprinkle over the nachos.
- Pour the jerk marinade into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring continually, until the marinade reduces to a thick sticky consistency, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and stir to coat; cook until the shrimp are hot. Scatter the shrimp over the nachos; top with Monterrey Jack cheese and cilantro.
- Place the nachos in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.
caribbean nachos, Shrimp recipe