- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white sugar, for rolling
- Beat together the butter with 1 cup of sugar in a mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth, and stir in beaten egg and molasses. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt; stir the flour mixture into the molasses mixture by half cupfuls. Stir in the white chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scoop up a generous spoonful of dough, and roll it into a ball. Roll the ball in sugar, place onto an ungreased baking sheet, and flatten slightly. Sprinkle a little sugar onto the cookie, if desired. Repeat for the rest of the cookies.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 1 minute before removing to finish cooling on racks.
chewy white chocolate chip gingerbread cookies, Drop Cookies recipe