- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, divided
- 1 large onion, cut into long slices
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and onion powder, and place in skillet. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, then add the garlic, 4 tablespoons soy sauce, and half of the sliced onion. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, and the juices run clear.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water in a small bowl, and blend into the chicken mixture. Stir in 4 tablespoons soy sauce, bell pepper, tomatoes, and remaining onion. Simmer until gravy has reached desired consistency.
chicken pepper steak, Chicken Breasts recipe