- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 4 (3.5 ounce) links Italian sausages, sliced
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 3 zucchinis, thickly sliced
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook rotini pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large Dutch oven cook sliced Italian sausage until brown. Add cubed chicken and cook until no pink remains in either meat. Add onion, garlic, green bell pepper, Italian seasoning, salt and ground black pepper and stir together. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, and zucchini. Simmer until zucchini is tender yet crisp.
- Toss cooked pasta with sauce. Serve warm.
chicken, sausage and zucchini pasta, Pasta recipe