- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 7 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 16 tostada shells
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken into a large pot along with 1/4 cup of sliced onion, garlic, and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until no longer pink, about 25 minutes. Remove chicken, cool, and shred meat. Discard skin and bones.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining onion slices, and fry until transparent. Place tomatoes into a pan of boiling water (you could use the leftover chicken water), and boil until they split open.
- Place the tomatoes, the whole can of chipotle peppers, chicken bouillon into a blender or large food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Pour this mixture into a large pan, and add the shredded chicken and cooked onions. Heat through.
- To serve, each person spreads some sour cream on their tostada shell, and tops with a spoonful of the chicken.
chicken tinga tostados, Chicken Breasts recipe