- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 30 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Mix well and press into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Pour on melted caramel/pecan mixture and chill for 30 minutes.
- To make the Caramel Filling: In a small saucepan, combine caramels and milk. Cook over low heat, stirring, until smooth. Stir in chopped pecans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In the top of a double boiler, heat chocolate, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Fold 1/3 of the filling into the melted chocolate, then pour the chocolate mixture back into the filling and mix until no streaks remain. Pour into crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until center is almost set. Place a pan of water on rack underneath cheesecake as it bakes to help keep it from cracking. Cool in oven with door cracked open. Refrigerate at least 5 hours before serving.
chocolate caramel cheesecake, Chocolate recipe