- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Cream together butter or margarine, shortening, and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, and salt mixing batter until light and creamy.
- Add 1cup flour and the baking powder to egg butter mixture. Stir until just combined. Then add 1/2 cup milk stirring until combined. Continue alternating flour and milk, ending with flour.
- Stir in cocoa and mix well. Place batter in a greased and floured tube pan that has been lined with greased and floured baking parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) oven for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes. Then remove cake from its pan and let cool on a wire rack.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like