- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 lime, juiced
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place potatoes in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with about 1/2 the oil, and season with salt. Bake 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Arrange in a separate baking dish, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Cool and shred.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute onion and garlic until tender. Mix in shredded chicken, jalapeno, and lime juice. Cook until heated through.
- Serve the chicken and potatoes in warmed tortillas.
cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas, Mexican-Style recipe