- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 cup reserved potato water
- 3/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees F)
- 2 eggs
- 8 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or more if needed
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® 100% Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 5 tablespoons milk, or more as needed
- Combine potatoes, potato water, butter, sugar, salt and hot water in large mixing bowl. Stir until butter melts; set aside and let cool. Combine yeast and 1/2 cup warm water in small bowl. Let rest 5 minutes. Add eggs, 2 cups flour and yeast mixture to potato mixture. Beat until well mixed. Continue adding flour, 1 cup at a time until soft dough forms.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic (about 4 to 6 minutes), OR knead with electric mixer using dough hook. Place in a greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover.
- Let rise in a warm, draft free area about 1 hour, until doubled in size. Punch dough down; divide in half.
- Roll one portion of dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12 x 18-inch rectangle. Spread with half the butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half of the mixture over surface. Roll up tightly lengthwise, sealing edges. Cut into 12 slices. Place in greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover.
- Let rise 30 to 45 minutes until nearly doubled.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over rolls.
classic cinnamon rolls, ARGO®, KARO®, FLEISCHMANN'S® recipe