- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- Heat the coconut oil in a deep pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the onions and garlic; cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Mix in the vegetable broth, curry powder, salt, coriander, and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until the mixture comes to a gentle boil, about 10 minutes. Cover, and boil 15 to 20 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Whisk in the pumpkin and coconut milk, and cook another 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling only half way and working in batches if necessary; process until smooth. Return to a pot, and reheat briefly over medium heat before serving.
coconut curry pumpkin soup, Squash Soup recipe