- 1 teaspoon butter, or as needed
- 2 pounds cod fillets
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; lightly coat with about 1 teaspoon butter.
- Lay fish in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup butter, mayonnaise, green onion, lemon juice, dill, salt, black pepper, and hot sauce together in a bowl.
- Broil fish in the preheated oven until it flakes easily with a fork, 7 to 8 minutes. Gently spread Parmesan cheese mixture over fish; return to oven and broil until topping is bubbling and lightly browned, about 2 more minutes.
creamy parmesan sauce for fish, Cod recipe