- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch ground ginger, or more to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or more to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder, turmeric, ginger, and cayenne pepper; stir to coat. Add kale; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender and wilted, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of the prepared casserole dish with a layer of potato slices; top with a layer of kale mixture. Season with salt and black pepper. Continue layering with remaining potatoes and kale mixture, ending with a potato layer. Pour melted butter over top layer of potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender and slightly browned around the edges, about 35 minutes. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and cook until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
curry kale and potato galette, Potatoes recipe