- 1 (16 ounce) container Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 6 (6 inch) pita bread rounds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Place Greek yogurt, cucumber, dill weed, 2 cloves garlic, white vinegar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- Whisk together 4 cloves minced garlic, juice of 1 lemon, red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and oregano in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in chicken strips and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Place chicken on a large baking sheet.
- Broil the chicken in the preheated oven until lightly browned and no longer pink in the center, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; place each pita bread into the skillet until warm and soft, about 2 minutes per pita.
- Serve warmed pita bread topped with chicken strips, yogurt sauce, tomatoes, onion, and lettuce.
easy chicken gyro, Gyros recipe