- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, minced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 jalapeno peppers, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook and stir the beef, onion, and bell pepper in a large pot over medium heat until the beef is brown and onion and pepper are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain grease from beef.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, jalapenos (if using), chili powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Bring mixture to a slow boil; cover and reduce heat. Simmer chili at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it does not stick. This chili can be simmered for several hours; the longer you simmer, the more flavor you will get.
easy texas chili, Beef Chili recipe