- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, rye flour, soy flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in the center, and pour in the vanilla, water and soy milk. Mix until all of the dry ingredients have been absorbed, then stir in the pecans.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle iron over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot surface, and spread out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and brown on the other side. Serve warm.
easy vegan whole grain pancakes, Whole Grain Pancakes recipe