- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 5/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, dredge blueberries in 2 tablespoons flour. Gently stir blueberries together with oats, nuts, 1 1/2 cups flour, soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in mashed banana. Add blueberry mixture to creamed mixture, and stir just until moistened. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the loaf. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
favorite banana blueberry quick bread, Breakfast Bread recipe