- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Remove skin from chicken and place in a resealable plastic bag. Pour sauce over chicken, seal bag, and refrigerate to marinate for at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours. The longer the chicken marinates, the spicier it will be.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, and salt in another resealable plastic bag. Add the drumsticks, seal bag, and shake to coat.
- Fry the chicken, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear. Turn occasionally to brown evenly.
firecracker fried chicken drumsticks, Fried Chicken recipe