- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak
- Whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic powder, ground ginger, green onion, and vegetable oil in a bowl; pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the flank steak, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the flank steak from the marinade and shake off excess. Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan and set aside.
- Cook the flank steak on the preheated grill until it begins to firm, and is reddish-pink and juicy in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Once cooked, cover the steak with several sheets of aluminum foil, and set aside to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- While the steak is resting, bring the marinade to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour the sauce over the sliced steak to serve.
flank steak barbecue, Steaks and Chops recipe