- 5 roma (plum) tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning
- 24 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound flounder fillets
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Plunge tomatoes into the boiling water and immediately remove to a medium bowl of ice water; drain. Remove and discard skins from tomatoes. Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; saute onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, garlic and Italian seasoning; cook until tomatoes are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in olives, wine, capers, lemon juice, and 1/2 the basil. Reduce heat, blend in Parmesan cheese, and cook until the mixture is reduced to a thick sauce, about 15 minutes.
- Place flounder in a shallow baking dish. Pour sauce over the fillets and top with remaining basil leaves.
- Bake 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
flounder mediterranean, Seafood recipe