- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 (.18 ounce) packets sazon with coriander and achiote
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups corn oil for frying
- Combine the chicken, rum, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, adobo seasoning, onion powder, pepper, coriander, and sazon seasoning in a bowl; stir. Cover and allow to marinate in refrigerator 4 hours.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat to about 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Spread the flour into the bottom of a shallow dish. Coat each piece of marinated chicken with flour.
- Fry the coated chicken pieces in the hot oil in small batches until no longer pink in the center and golden brown on the outside, 5 to 10 minutes.
fried chicken chunks (chicharrones de pollo) dominican, Deep Fried recipe