- 1 unbaked pizza crust
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 medium tomato, cut in half and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Prepare pizza crust according to recipe or package instructions. Place on a pizza pan.
- Pour the liquid from the artichokes into a small skillet, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 1 minute, or until the liquid is almost gone. Add garlic, and cook, stirring, for less than a minute. Add artichoke hearts, stir to coat with garlic flavor, then remove from heat, and set aside.
- Spread spaghetti sauce over the prepared pizza crust. Sprinkle with cheese, then place the artichoke hearts and garlic over the cheese. Arrange tomato slices evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is puffed and golden, and cheese is melted.
garlic and artichoke pizza, Vegetable recipe