- 2 pounds potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Place drained potatoes, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, dried basil, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Mix well with an electric mixer on medium speed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
garlic basil mashed potatoes, Mashed Potatoes recipe