- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 1 medium head garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a skillet, saute garlic in oil on low heat, just hot enough to make the garlic sizzle; about 10 to 15 minutes. Season with basil, oregano, parsley, and crushed red pepper, and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss cooked pasta with garlic and herb mixture, and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.
garlic pasta, Side Dish recipe