- 2 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate baking bar, broken or chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate baking bar, broken or chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- Raspberries for garnish
- Whipped cream for garnish
- To make the centers, in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, melt the 2 ounces of chocolate with the cream. Whisk gently to blend.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until firm. With your hands, form into six balls; refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray.
- To make the cakes, in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, melt the 4 ounces of chocolate and the butter, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla on high speed for about 5 minutes, or until thick and light. Fold the melted chocolate mixture and flour into the egg mixture just until combined. Spoon the cake batter into the ramekins. Place a chocolate ball in the middle of each ramekin.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cake is firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes. Run a small, sharp knife around the inside of each ramekin, place an upside-down plate on top, invert, and remove the ramekin. Garnish with raspberries and a dollop of whipped cream.
ghirardelli® ndividual chocolate lava cakes, Ghirardelli® recipe