- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- In a glass bowl, mix chicken breast cubes with lime juice, lime zest, and grated ginger. Let marinate for about 20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk and sugar over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer. Stir in the jasmine rice, reduce heat to low, and cook tightly covered for about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and fluff rice with a fork; cover, and keep warm.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade. Stir fry until the chicken is nicely browned, about 3 minutes. Drizzle the honey onto the chicken and continue to stir-fry for another minute or so, being careful not to let the honey burn. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with coconut.
- Serve hot with the coconut rice on the side.
ginger-lime chicken with coconut rice, Stir-Fry recipe