- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 1 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the lemon peel. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Blend the flour mixture into the egg mixture, alternately with the milk; stir just to combine. Fold in the nuts; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, dissolve 2 tablespoons sugar in the lemon juice. After loaf has cooled for 10 minutes, spoon glaze over loaf.
glazed lemon bread, Fruit Bread recipe