- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (5 pound) boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a bowl, combine sage, salt, pepper, and garlic. Rub thoroughly all over pork. Place pork in an uncovered roasting pan on the middle oven rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven approximately 3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), depending upon your desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, place sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, water, and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to bubble and thicken slightly. Brush roast with glaze 3 or 4 times during the last 1/2 hour of cooking. Pour remaining glaze over roast, and serve.
herb roasted pork, Roasts recipe