- 1 (4 pound) beef bottom round roast or other lean roast
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, or to taste
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- Trim the roast of any excess fat, and cut into four pieces. Rub with black pepper, and place into a slow cooker. Add the onions, green chiles, chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, cumin, chipotle peppers, and beef bouillon. Pour in enough water to cover 1/3 of the roast.
- Cover, and cook on High until the meat begins to fall apart, about 8 hours. Add water if needed to keep the roast from drying out.
- Turn the slow cooker to Low, and remove meat to a large bowl with a slotted spoon. Shred the meat into bite-sized pieces using two forks. Return the meat to the slow cooker; cook about 20 minutes to reheat before serving.
kris' amazing shredded mexican beef, Main Dish recipe