- 8 ounces lowfat plain yogurt
- 4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup white vermouth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Coat chicken with yogurt, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Rinse chicken, and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil, margarine, and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice in skillet over medium heat. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Place chicken in skillet; cook, turning to brown both sides, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate, and keep warm.
- Pour vermouth into skillet, and scrape brown bits with a wooden spoon. Stir in garlic, 1/4 cup lemon juice, water, and capers. Cook until reduced by half.
- Return chicken to the pan, and simmer 3 minutes.
light chicken piccata, Chicken Piccata recipe