- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 (26 ounce) jar low-fat pasta sauce (such as Healthy Request®)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Mix the spinach, cottage cheese, and egg in a large bowl.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Cook the onion, garlic, mushrooms, and carrot until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add the ground turkey, and stir until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Pour the pasta sauce and water into the skillet. Season with rosemary,oregano, and basil. Simmer sauce for 10 minutes.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of the pan, and top with 3 noodles. Spoon an additional 1/3 of the sauce on the noodles; top with the spinach mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining 3 noodles and the rest of the sauce. Pour the vegetable juice evenly over the lasagna, and top with the remaining mozzarella. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil, and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let lasagna rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
lighter lasagna, Lasagna recipe