- 3 cups long grain white rice
- 6 cups water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- 2 tablespoons canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- 6 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- Combine the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until rice is tender and water has been absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, and saute until transparent. Stir in the garlic, and cook for a minute. Stir in the flour until well blended. Gradually stir in the tomato sauce and water, then add the crawfish tails and bring to a simmer. Add the green onions and season with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes over low heat, until the crawfish is cooked but not tough. Serve over hot cooked rice.
louisiana crawfish etouffee, Seafood recipe