- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, or as needed
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, 1/3 cup of confectioners' sugar, and butter until butter is in very small crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 11x7-inch pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and lightly browned. While the crust is baking, whisk together the eggs, 2/3 cup of confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Just before the crust is done, stir in the baking powder. Pour over the crust while it is hot, and return to the oven.
- Bake for another 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar when cool.
love the mama lemon bars, Lemon Desserts recipe