- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. Make a well in the center and fill it with the oil, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir everything together until it forms a dough. Alternate method: Put everything into the food processor and blend until dough forms.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown. For a softer cookie, bake for only 7 minutes. Cool on racks, and store in an airtight container.
luscious lemon snaps, Lemon Desserts recipe