- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken flavored ramen noodles
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a large bowl, toss together the coleslaw mix, green onions and broccoli. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Crumble the ramen noodles into a bowl, and mix with the almonds and sunflower seeds. Sprinkle the seasoning packets over all. Add to the skillet; cook and stir until noodles and nuts are toasted, about 8 minutes.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil and soy sauce. Seal, and shake vigorously to blend.
- Just before serving, combine the slaw mixture with the nuts and noodles. Pour the dressing over all, and stir briefly to coat.
mad hatter salad, No Mayo recipe