- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg and heavy cream and beat together well. In a separate medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, cheese, basil, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Dip each piece into the egg wash and then dredge liberally in the cracker crumb mixture. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Fry the chicken in the oil for 5 minutes per side, or until both sides are golden brown and crusty. Place chicken in a 9x13 baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake, covered, at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 more minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
mediterranean crusted chicken, Chicken Thighs recipe