- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange squash halves cut side down on a baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, or until tender. Dissolve the sugar in the melted butter. Brush squash with the butter mixture, and keep squash warm while preparing the stuffing.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, celery, and carrots, and cook 5 minutes. Mix in the garbanzo beans and raisins. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper, and continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Pour the chicken broth into the skillet, and mix in the couscous. Cover skillet, and turn off heat. Allow couscous to absorb liquid for 5 minutes. Stuff squash halves with the skillet mixture to serve.
moroccan-style stuffed acorn squash, Acorn Squash Side Dishes recipe