- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, all minced except for 6
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meat, minced mushrooms, bread crumbs, onion, ketchup, eggs, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Spread 1/2 of the mixture into the bottom of a loaf pan. Arrange 6 whole mushrooms stem down into meat. Top with rest of meat, patting to combine both halves.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until done. Internal temperature should measure 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) when done.
mushroom meatloaf, Beef Meatloaf recipe