- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan or 2 - 8 inch round pans.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and allspice. set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in water and egg. Add flour mixture alternately with applesauce and mix thoroughly. Fold in nuts and raisins.
- Pour into pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool and frost with cream cheese frosting.
- To make frosting: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add milk and vanilla and mix in. Add confectioners sugar and orange or lemon juice. Beat until fluffy, then frost cake.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like